PhysiTrack and Telehealth, all you need to know!
Through this blog, you’ll learns what Physitrack is and how we at Leaders Sports & Spine Physiotherapy are using it to better take care of your rehabilitation journey.
What is PhysiTrack?
PhysiTrack is an online healthcare solution providing healthcare practitioners unprecedented access to clinical home exercise databases, educational tools, outcome tracking, and patient communication for rehabilitation and injury prevention.
Why we chose PhysiTrack!
At Leaders Sports & Spine Physiotherapy we chose PhysiTrack for its all-in-one platform. Our clients now have access to 1000’s of exercises they can perform in the comfort of their own home, along with access to Telehealth services through a safe and secure network.
Rather than have to download and use a secondary app, out clients now have the ability to receive Telehealth consultations with our fully qualified Physiotherapists.
Our uses for PhysiTrack!
PhysiTrack has a whole host of information and potential uses. At Leaders Sports & Spine Physiotherapy we use PhysiTrack for Home Exercise Programs, outcome measure tracking, exercise prescription, and now Telehealth services.
This platform allows our Physiotherapists to share videos of exercises while remaining within the consultation. This gives us the opportunity to not only alter the exercises specifically for each individual client, but also critique any current exercise performance from our clients, helping to progress our clients through their rehabilitation journey.
How to use PhysiTrack
Although Telehealth services and consultations themselves are now new, especially for the rural and remote population, they are new services to the general population, and increasing in popularity during this time of increased quarantine and isolation. Given it is somewhat new to the general population;action, here is a guide to using our service;
- When making your booking with use, let us know you’d like to have your consultation via Telehealth. Making sure we have your best email address, as this is how we will connect. Also at this point, please let us know if you do not have access to a device with video call capabilities. This is not a deal-breaker, however, rather than a tele-conference we will provide the consult through a phone call, and shared documents via email.
- Around 10mins prior to your consultation, you will receive an email from PhysiTrack asking you to follow a link. Please follow the link and download the PhysiTrack app.
- Once you have downloaded and opened the app, there are a couple of things you’ve got to get through during the initial setup.
- Allow push notifications; A push notification is a message that pops up on your mobile device to alert you of new information. Allowing this will make sure you don’t miss our call!
- Data access and Terms of Service; It is entirely up to you if you allow PhysiTrack access to your data during the use of the application. This information is used to help improve your use of the app by removing any issues or bugs. The Terms of Service however, you do have to agree with in order to use the app.
- Reminders; This will be used if you either have another Telehealth consultation booked at a later date, or if you have a Home Exercise Program to get through.
- Download videos; This is giving you the options to have access to your Home Exercise Program or any recorded information/parts from your Telehealth consultation offline.
- Microphone and Camera access; You do need to allow the app access to your microphone and camera, for ability to participate in the Telehealth consultation.
- When you open the app for the first time outside the initial download, you mast need to select “Access Program”, at the bottom of your screen to log in.
- Although your consultation is 20mins, please allow 30mins. This is so you have enough time to set up and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Try and set yourself up in a quiet room with plenty of space and natural light.
If you have any further questions or concerns about using or gaining access to our Telehealth services, please feel free to give us a call on (07) 3153 1073, or send us an email.
We look forward to working with you in the future, through our Telehealth services or face to face in our Brisbane CBD clinic.
Remember to wash your hands frequently, listen to our governments recommendations, stay home as much as you can, and stay safe!
Written by: Cameron Radburn – Senior Physiotherapist at Leaders Sports & Spine Physiotherapy.